Monday, January 10, 2011

How about a little Highlight Lowlight action??

Week 1 is in the books salon fans! With a clever play on salon lingo, I thought I would recap with the highlights and lowlights of week 1 so lets get started...

Highlight

I mastered the art of recieving a manicure! Yes its true, one week in and I have this down pat. I sit, try to relax, and talk about how bad the economy is.. I also overcame my fear of being touched by another human being other than my wife. Hugs all around!! Here is the awesome holiday sparklies I chose!


Lowlight

Don't pick Holiday sparkly nailpolish!! Its a pain in the butt to get off and I did get some funny looks from the cashiers at the grocery store... and the guy in the carharts ordering chicken. My daughters were both horrified when I came home sporting polish while their younger brother took great pleasure in watching their anguish.

Highlight

Did my first manicure and did pretty good at the massage as far as I could tell.

Lowlight

When it comes to painting, Picasso I am not. I butchered applying polish and have a lot of room to improve. This one I am blaming on my lack of model car painting as a child and my 6th grade art teacher Mrs. Miller for substandard teaching methods.

Highlight

Got to do my first haircut on my mannequin and though it was what I would classify as "weak", I am good at not putting my shears down, so... I have that going for me.

Lowlight

My first attempt at marcel curls. Mr Marcel should be taken out and stabbed with a thousand hot forks. I seriously can't believe that someone can't come up with a better design.. Its like trying to roll two thin rolling pins around in one hand as it sucks in hair and you try not burn the bejesus out of yourself or the person you are working on.

And finally

Highlight

I found the sweet shoes that I wanted to order from Dansko. Danskos are professional standing shoes and a very good idea for anyone who has to be on their feet all day. I wanted the tiger print. Super stylish and I could self motivate all day by singing "eye of the tiger" to myself all day. Check them out.


Lowlight

Well, apparently Dansko only makes the really cool styles for women. Apparently there aren't enough flaming metrosexuals out there in the professional world to justify production runs in mens sizes. I feel wronged. Now I have to choose between black... and black. (oh but a few of the 5 styles come in a brown option) Lame. Here they are.


All in all the highlights win the week. Until next time, may all of your nails be strong and your hair good looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment